BMJ Masterclasses FAQs
- How do I register?
- What is the cancellation and refund policy?
- Alternative methods to booking online
- Do I need to bring anything?
- How do I register for the previous attendee rate?
- I have previously attended a BMJ Masterclass but cannot find my discount code
- When will I receive my pre-event information pack?
- When will I receive my certificate of attendance and speaker slides?
- What is the dress code?
- What is a BMJ Masterclasses webinar?
- What are the features of a webinar?
- What are the benefits of a webinar?
- How do the webinars work?
- How do I access the webinar?
- When will I receive my certificate of participation?
- How do I access the on-demand recording of the webinar?
- Will I receive a copy of the slides that accompany the webinar?
There are three different ways to register and pay:
- Complete the online registration. We accept credit card or debit card.
- Book and pay via telephone by calling our customer service team on 0207 111 1105
- Post a completed registration form to BMJ Contact Centre, 12th Floor, Southgate House, Wood Street, Cardiff, CF10 1GR or fax to 0207 383 6974.
You can pay by cheque, credit card or debit card. Please make cheques payable to BMJ Publishing Group Ltd and drawn in pounds sterling
To see the cancellation and refund policy please see section ‘7 Cancellation and Refunds’ of the terms and conditions.
To cancel your booking, please inform BMJ Masterclasses in writing immediately by post or e-mail.
All delegates are bound by our full booking terms and conditions.
If you would like to attend one of our events but would prefer not to book online then please print off a booking form found on the event page, complete and return it to us by post to:
BMJ Contact Centre
12th Floor, Southgate House
or by fax:
0207 383 6974.
Just yourselves, course materials are supplied on the day as well as refreshments and lunch.
To benefit from the previous attendee rate you must book online. You will be required to enter a discount code which has been emailed to all previous BMJ Masterclass attendees. This code will have been sent to the email address you used when making your original booking.
If you cannot find your discount code in your email inbox or have changed your email address since you registered with BMJ Masterclasses, please email customer services or call 0207 111 1105 who will verify your attendance at a past event and re-issue your discount code.
The reminder email will be sent out one week before the masterclass. This will contain the full programme for the day, speaker biographies and directions to the venue.
All participants will be emailed their certificate of attendance 1-2 weeks after the BMJ Masterclass. If for some reason you do not receive your certificate, please contact us. The speaker slides are emailed out within one month of the masterclass subject to the speaker's permission.
We recommend a smart/casual attire - but please feel free to attend in whatever you feel most comfortable in.
A webinar is a web-based seminar, also known as an online workshop. It is filmed at one central location, and using the internet and live streaming, users can log on from a location of their choice and take part in real-time teaching.
- Live interactive teaching session - webinars allow the participants to interact with the facilitator and ask questions as long as an Internet connection is available
- Focused teaching delivered live to your computer from an expert speaker
- Practical tips to help you change your practice and keep up-to-date
- Convenient - from home, in your own time
- Cost effective – save on travel, accommodation and other material costs
- Interactivity – features such as desktop control and instant polling allow participants to become a part of the meeting
- Resources – we provide you with helpful tools and resources you can use after the webinar
Once you have booked your place for a webinar, you will automatically receive a confirmation email. You will then receive an email with a link to join the webinar at least two hours before the event.
We recommend that the webinars are accessed from a desktop/laptop with a good internet connection.
Click on the link in the email to be redirected to the webinar
Make sure that you are logging on from a device with a strong internet connection, that meets the minimum system requirements outlined here: http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/adobeconnect/tech-specs.html
Ensure that your machine has the speakers connected/turned on
Log in using your email address and the password sent to you in the webinar link email
Once the webinar begins you can watch the presenter, read the slides, submit your questions in the chat box and take part in the various discussions and polls.
Certificates are emailed to participants within three days of the webinar taking place
The link to the on-demand recording of the webinar will be emailed within three days of the webinar taking place and is available to view for 30 days.
Subject to speaker consent, we will email a locked PDF of the slides for your reference within three days of the webinar taking place.